I’d never make the first move-Genelia D’Souza
Posted January 14, 2010on:
• Would you prefer to be sexy rather than the girl-next-door?
Yes, of course. But right now I am very comfortable in my space. I love the work I get and I’m not in a hurry to grow up. Aditi in Jaane Tu… was aggressive; my character in Chance pe Dance (CPD) is milder, calmer and has a sweet, feminine side. Yet both characters are girls-next-door.
But wouldn’t you like to play a sex bomb?
I don’t know whether I can, it depends on the script. It is something I haven’t thought about. I’d rather be spunky than sexy. I like being schoolgirl sexy, like the ‘naughty’ sexy.
• Given a chance to hit on your co-star, who would it be – Shahid, Harman or John?
You can’t expect me to choose. And now that CPD is releasing, it has to be Shahid. (laughs)
• Have you ever made the first move in a relationship?
No, never. I would never do that. I would probably smile, but I would never make the first move on a guy for sure.
• Has a girl ever made a pass at you?
No, never! (laughs)
• When did you start working? Your first salary?
I was 15, and I got it for my first ad. I earned around Rs 10, 000.
• And your first screen test?
It was an advertisement with Mr Bachchan. I tested for it at five in the evening and got selected at 10 the same night. And the next thing I knew, I was doing it. Yippie.
• Tell us some dance moves you like.
I like the signature move of the song Papapa (CPD), because I think it is something that everyone can do. I love what Shahid has done in Pump it up. I think he has really, really rocked. For me dancing is going mad, letting down your hair and having a blast.
• How about salsa and jive?
Oh, I would love to do salsa. I am Christian, so I have done a lot of jiving and I love the co-ordinated lifts, but you need a terrific partner to do it.
• Your last chance to admit whether you’re single or not
Ya, ya, ya! I am single
• And ready to mingle?
I find that extremely cheesy, but I am single.
• If you could date a Hollywood actor, who would it be?
My all-time favourite star is Tom Cruise, but I would choose Brad Pitt for a date.
• Do you update yourself about fashion and read about the latest trends?
I do. But for me it is more like a jeans and tee or shorts and tee. I love white shrits and denims. I love very simple normal stuff, but if I have to make an effort, definitely I would consult people and talk to them.
• Have you ever had a wardrobe malfunction?
No. I am quite particular. I like everything fixed up and proper.
Pic: Satish malavade