Fenil and Bollywood

Posts Tagged ‘amit khanna

By Subhash K. Jha, December 26, 2009 – 08:47 IST

Prakash Jha It seems there is more to Prakash Jha’s claim that Vidhu Vinod Chopra removed the trailer of Jha’s Raajneeti than meets the eye.

While Prakash claims Vidhu Vinod felt threatened by and insecure enough about the trailer of Raajneeti to have it removed from 3 Idiots, the Chairman of Reliance Big Pictures (who are the distributors of 3 Idiots) Amit Khanna, says they had never committed to Jha to show the trailer. “Whom in our company has Prakash Jha spoken to about the Raajneeti trailer going into the prints of 3 Idiots? He hasn’t spoken to me. And I am not aware of anyone at Reliance whom he has spoken to. How can there be any commitment on the screening of a trailer? It all depends on the paid advertisements that individual theatres have. We certainly made no such commitment to Prakash Jha.”

Adds Khanna, “We’ve released 3 Idiots with a record number of prints, 2000 in all. In fact December has been a very fruitful month for us at Reliance Big Pictures, first Paa and now 3 Idiots. Just goes to prove, quality products do have a strong market.”

The question is, if Reliance says it had never agreed to the screening of the Raajneeti trailer with 3 Idiots, why is Prakash Jha accusing Vidhu Vinod Chopra of feeling threatened and insecure of the response that the trailer got at some screenings of 3 Idiots?

Jha maintains his trailer was a victim of Chopra’s insecurities. Jha, who was recording the background music for his film in the US, is left wondering where the trailer could be fastened now.

Speaking from London, Prakash Jha says, “I suppose my trailer would be released independently in theatres, like any other trailer. In any case this was a 90-second teaser and not a full-fledged trailer.”

Prakash completely blames Vinod Chopra for the fiasco. “He’s very unpredictable. When we spoke about the trailer, he sent me a sweet message about it. Then just days before the release of 3 Idiots, my trailer had been pulled out. Apparently, at the previews of 3 Idiots people just couldn’t stop talking about the Raajneeti trailer after it was screen during interval.”

But the trailer, claims Jha, is very much part of the prints of 3 Idiots gone abroad.

“The prints had already left by the time Vinod Chopra decided to take my trailer out,” explains Prakash. “I don’t know why he was so insecure about my trailer since 3 Idiots carries such strong advance reports. I guess my Raajneeti is the biggest multi-starrer in recent times. We do have Ajay Devgn, Arjun Rampal, Nana Patekar, Naseeruddin Shah and Manoj Bajpai. And we have the winning pair Ranbir and Katrina. I guess I’m lucky.”

BOLLYWOOD HUNGAMA.COM

Advertisements

By Taran Adarsh, May 29, 2009 – 10:28 IST

The industry has been agog with talk that the warring factions [producers/distributors – multiplexes] have reached a solution. The truth is, they haven’t. The two sides have been talking to each other on a regular basis [the dialogue never stopped], but they haven’t reached a consensus yet.

A crucial meeting was held on Wednesday [May 27] at a suburban hotel and the producers/distributors have put forth their terms/demands. The multiplexes were conveyed through Amit Khanna and they [plexes] are supposed to get back, by early next week.

So, Monday/Tuesday is the day when a clearer picture should emerge. That’s the latest on this front!

BOLLYWOOD HUNGAMA.COM

Pic: BOMBAY TIMES (May 30, 2009)

The multiplex-producer war has finally come to an end; new films will hopefully start releasing in multiplexes from June 5
By Vickey Lalwani (MUMBAI MIRROR; May 29, 2009)

Nothing official yet, but the war between film producers and multiplex owners is finally over. The two warring parties have kissed and made-up.

Evidently, it was the producers who first blinked. An industry insider said, “The final settlement reads 50 per cent in the first week, 42.5 per cent in the second week and 35 per cent revenue in the third week for the producer of all films.” It may be recalled that the key demand by producers was a 50 per cent revenue share for all films for all weeks while the exhibitors wanted a performance-linked arrangement where the revenue split would depend on the audience response. As losses mounted for industries which are directly related to the film business, the strike also wreaked havoc on ancillary industries like television, media, home video, music, radio and news which are highly dependant on movie content. Time and again, the warring parties met at Yash Raj Studios, Vidhu Vinod Chopra’s office and even five-star hotels to settle matters. But, even after several heated arguments, the multiplex owners had consented to offer 50 per cent in the first week, followed by 42.5 per cent and 32.5 per cent revenue during subsequent weeks after the release day. As for the producers, they had categorically said they would settle for no less than 50 per cent, 45 per cent and 40 per cent revenue. They too refused to budge.

The settlement was reached during a meeting on Wednesday night held at a Bandra five-star hotel. The meeting was attended by Aamir Khan, Shah Rukh Khan, Ronnie Screwvala, Yash Chopra, Vidhu Vinod Chopra, Sunil Lulla and Amit Khanna (who represented the multiplexes) among others. As things stand today, films will start releasing in multiplexes from Friday, June 5.

Giving out additional information, a source said, “If the film does more than Rs 70 crore nett business, the multiplex will give 2 per cent extra revenue to the producers.”

Yesterday evening, Tushar Dhingra, COO, Adlabs Cinemas, said, “I can’t talk now. I am busy.”

Distributor Ramesh Sippy said, “What you have heard about some kind of settlement is partially correct. But I am in a meeting right now. I will talk to you later.”

Shah Rukh and Aamir Khan

Mahesh Bhatt too confirmed that some kind of a settlement had been reached. “I was a neutral observer at the meeting. The worst is behind us. But I am not supposed to give you any details until the entire paperwork regarding this matter is completed. You will have a clear picture by tomorrow. We will not uncork the champagne till then,” he said.

The standoff is estimated to have cost the Industry nearly Rs 300 crore. There has been no new Hindi film in the multiplexes in the past seven weeks except for some non-starters. The United Producers and Distributors Forum (UPDF) had taken a stand to not release any new film in multiplexes from April 4 and had even threatened to release their films in single screens starting May.

Trade analyst Taran Adarsh said, “You cannot discount the huge expenditure incurred by the multiplex owners who did not shut down their theatres during this tussle period. They had to shell out high rents, salaries to their employees and projection costs. Multiplex owners lost far more than the producers did.”

The occupancy rate in multiplexes has dropped to a meager 10-12 per cent since April first week, making it one of the worst periods for them. A visit to a multiplex in the western suburbs yesterday by Mumbai Mirror saw that they were selling only one burger at the refreshment counter. When asked about it, the salesman at the counter said, “Do burger bikega nahin. How can I keep more than one?” That says it all.



  • animales perdidos en granada: En esta imagen van a ver en detalle los niveles de la Deep Web (que es más profunda de lo que algunos pueden pensar). http://cheerfuldepicti57.blox
  • Phen375 Weight Loss: Lots of useful information as well as terrific write-up too. I have currently subscribed to your blog site combined with I am bookmarking it for fu
  • mojecyfrowe.pl: Current research has shown that a sedentary lifestyle could be very bad in your health.