Fenil and Bollywood

Posts Tagged ‘first-aid box

Sunil Shetty and Vishwajeet Pradhan are victims of severe burns

By Kunal M Shah (MUMBAI MIRROR; December 26, 2009)


On Thursday evening, a major fire broke out on the sets of Anees Bazmee’s No Problem. The unit was shooting in the middle of the sea for a vital action sequence. Suniel Shetty and Vishwajeet Pradhan almost became a victim of severe burns. However, prompt action saved them.

The fire extinguishers on the sets proved to be very handy. Suniel burnt his hands while Pradhan’s left leg suffered from major burns.

Vishvajeet Pradhan Sunil Shetty

Rajat Rawail, the producer of the film, said, “It was an important sequence that was being shot with all the main actors of the film, including Suniel Shetty and Vishwajeet Pradhan. We were shooting in the middle of the sea at the Yellow gate, when a sudden gush of wind led the fire to spiral out of our control. Sunil anna and Vishwajeet were trapped, but the production guys showed great presence of mind. They put out the fire with the extinguishers on the sets. We also had a doctor and a first-aid box on the sets, which made things better. Everything was under control in minutes. It is our job to take care of these things as a production unit. Anna’s hand is burnt, while Vishwajeet’s leg is burnt from his knee to the calf muscle. Thankfully, nothing serious happened.”

Vishwajeet tells us, “These things happen and despite all the precautions, the fire was just uncontrollable because of the sea breeze. My trousers were very thin. I guess it’s part of the game, but I am in pain right now. After the incident, I went to a doctor and even a skin specialist for treatment.”